The major goals of the Arts Facet are:
- Improvement and enrichment of our community through activities which increase awareness and love for the arts.
- Collaboration and partnership with local entities (i.e. Boys and Girls Club, Sacramento Theatre Company, Crocker Art Museum, 40 Acres Art Gallery) to present respectable recognition of the fine arts.
- Exposing low- income youths to in-depth experience of live theatre, including meeting actors/actresses.
- Ensuring Link members some measure of enjoyment through direction of their time, effort and money in the arts.
Past Arts Facet highlights:
- Collaborated with Boy/Girls Club to sponsor Three Doctors and presented their book “The Pact” to Achievers.
- Collaborated with Sacramento Theatre Company for 3 years to allow low-income student to experience live theatre.
- Collaborated with Sacramento Theatre Company to sponsor Nationally acclaimed actress Ruby Dee in One Woman Show “My last Good Nerve”.
- In collaboration with Crocker Art Museum, sponsored Meet the Artist, with Internationally known female artist Betye Saar.
- gHosted a bus trip, including Link members and community participants, to The DeYoung Museum, San Francisco to view the King Tut exhibition.
- Special Presentation: An Evening with Faith Ringgold in conjunction with 40-Acres Arts Gallery.